Performance & scalability engineer
Analytical professional with expertise creating and executing strategies to produce fast, scalable solutions for high performance data collection, analysis, and mining that align with business needs. Team leader who fosters collaboration leading to the successful development of technical products and support tools.
Diverse experience working with small internal tools as well as complex, client-facing environments utilizing multiple programming languages and third-party tools. Proficient in Agile project methodology to create schedules and define project scope, objectives, and client requirements to meet goals within the timeline and budget parameters.
Skilled in machine learning, computer architecture, data science and analytics, as well as programming languages and tools for data mining such as Java, Python, Panda, and Amazon Web Services.
Trilingual in English (advanced), native Spanish, and Russian (basic).
Head of Engineering November 2018 - today
- Develop technical strategy and roadmaps in alignment with company vision for development of next generation products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments in managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects, ensuring progression for on time delivery of quality product.
- Led and provided support to engineering team, prioritizing sprints and milestones to complete day-to-day development efforts.
- Drove continuous improvement in technological platforms, measuring performance against key performance indicators to maintain and optimize quality.
- Utilized leading-edge technologies such as Amazon web Services to design and architect multiple environments.
- Ensured health and availability of technological base of all products.
- Data Whisperer
Principal Engineer & Co-founder October 2016 - November 2018
- Founded company and developed technical strategy and engineering capabilities for company providing data analytic solutions to small to medium companies.
- Established business continuity plan ensuring alignment with company standards, and implemented strategic goals in effort to increase profitability. Employed subject matter expertise to oversee design and implementation of data-driven platforms as well as high availability and low latency applications.
- Developed prediction algorithms for marketing and financial industries.
- Designed multiple data processing pipelines, and machine learning models and systems.
Engineering Lead March 2014 - December 2016
- Coordinated planning and implementation of development activities, leading global engineering teams in collaborations with external stakeholders.
- Employed Agile project management methodology throughout numerous projects, ensuring delivery on-time and within budget.
- Managed various business functions including hiring and team expansion.
- Managed day to day project activities including assigning tasks to engineers and prioritizing work.
- Served as technical advisor to engineering teams.
- Forged strong relationships with clients, cross-functional managers, and team members to support project efforts.
- Sm4rt Predicitive Systems
Sr. Software Engineer / Engineering Lead June 2010 - December 2013
- Developed data pipelines to analyze complex data sets, providing access to reliable and well-structured datasets for analytics.
- Created business intelligence tool such as dashboards to provide optimal view of performance metrics.
- Customized software architecture and deployed machine learning infrastructures to accurately analyze large volumes of data.
- Designed and implemented ultra-low latency systems, high performance web sites, and RESTful web APIs with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Ensured reliability of predictive models under high loads.
- Devised multiple machine learning algorithms for bank transactions fraud score.
Trans Union de México (Buró de Crédito)
Jr. Software Engineer May 2007 - June 2010
- Responsible of development and maintenance of credit risk managing solutions, focused on final consumer and credit grantors
- Analysis and design of n-layer architecture of distinct systems developed internally and externally
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies such as daily standups, sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Master of Science in Computer ScienceAugust 2013 - May 2016
Instituto Tecnologico Autónomo de México
Thesis: Columnsort implementation in STAPL
- Short-Term ScholarJul 2015 - Aug 2015
Texas A&M University, Parasol Lab
Contributed to the development of parallel sorting algorithms in STAPL
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
August 2002 - May 2007
Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, CCM
Honors in CENEVAL exam
- C / C++
- Cuda / OpenMP
- SQL Server / Oracle
- Amazon AWS Suite
- Apache Spark stack
- Airflow / Luigi
- Virtual Box
- VM Ware
- Play! Framework
- Google App Engine